Check Out These Online Jobs To Earn Money From Anywhere (Online Business Ideas That Pays)
Online business is one of the best ways to earn money online. The sweet thing about it is you’re free to live anywhere you want in the world, and have great control of the time you spend working. Some methods of making money online pays higher than others, it is left for you to choose the ones that best suit your lifestyle. Below are some online business ideas and resources to make money online from anywhere.
Home Base Business Ideas That Pays
1. Take part in surveys to make extra cash
There are websites that will pay for simply for expressing your opinions.
If you have free time and would also like to make money, then you should definitely try out Survey Junkie.
When you sign up to Survey Junkie, they will send you invites to complete various surveys.
Each completed survey will earn you points and the more points you earn, the more money you can make.
Survey Junkie is definitely one of the best survey sites to try out because of their earning system and easy to use features. This shows with a rating of 4.5 stars on TrustPilot.
- Always check your emails to see what surveys you qualify for
- Apply for surveys as soon as they are released to avoid missing out
2. Start a Dropshipping Business
In 2020, many people are turning to making money online. Ecommerce, around the world, is set to reach a huge $4.5 trillion by the end of 2021.
However, with the global pandemic, there is greater need for products sold online, not in stores. Which means, E-commerce businesses could reach that amount a lot sooner.
One of the ways to make a lot of money online is by starting a E-commerce Dropshipping business.
Dropshipping is by far my favorite ways to make money working from home in 2020, because of the low investment and experience needed to start. The great thing about this business model is, it allows you to sell products from manufacturer to customer without seeing, holding, or transporting the goods.
As the middle man, you mark up the manufacturer’s price for profit.
Then you would organize the advertising, sale & customer service of the product using a website builder like Shopify. If you are able to find the right product you could make a lot of money! If you’re looking ways to make money online with little investment, then this could be for you.
- Don’t sell a “me too” product, find a way to make your unique and stand out from the crowd
- Make sure your social media business accounts are all pointing towards your site
- Offer products in bundles
3. Get Cashback on your Online Shopping
If you’re doing some shopping online, why not get some extra cash back on all of your purchases?
Sites such as Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is a fantastic app because not only does is it FREE but you can also make some extra cash in your pocket each month.
A site that rewards you for doing the shopping you normally do! Amazing!
Depending on what you buy every month, you might be able to get anything between 2 to 7% of your money back, without much effort. To make money with Rakuten, all you need to do is:
- Click on this link to sign up (don’t forget you get a free $10 SIGN UP BONUS)
- Select the store you’d like to shop at
- Complete your usual shop online using their link
- Get cashback!
4. Sell products with Amazon FBA
If you’re looking for a Legitimate way to make money working from home, then starting an Amazon FBA business is for you.
Amazon is hands down the biggest online retailer in the US. But they also operate in the UK and most of Europe. Who doesn’t shop on Amazon?
You can sell on Amazon using a service they offer called Amazon FBA. This is Amazon’s online business model which allows you to source and sell products on Amazon.
Once you have found the product you want to sell on Amazon, you would negotiate a price with the manufacturer, list it on Amazon and ship the products into one of their warehouses. Amazon will display your product on their website for a small fee, and once the products sells, with Amazon FBA, they will pick the product and ship it to the customer.
This means, that once the product is shipped into the warehouse, Amazon takes care of the rest.
The key to making this online business a success is to carefully research the right product, get the right price and work hard on customer service.
Amazon FBA is a legitimate money making business that still works in 2020!
- When you’re starting out, purchase a smaller qty in bulk to test the product
- Don’t follow and sell products according to Trends. You don’t want to be stuck with inventory at the end of the trend.
5. Start an Instagram Niche Page
Whether you’re looking to start selling your own products or sell products for other business, opening an Instagram niche page is definitely to place to start.
Starting an Instagram niche page is an extremely lucrative way to make money in 2020, as full time income or just a bit of extra cash on the side.
An Instagram Niche page differs from a Personal page because you will be posting content or promoting products strictly related to one topic or niche.
Starting an Instagram account has an extremely low barrier to entry, in that, you don’t need any money or experience to start.
Once you’ve built the page up and gained enough followers, you will then be able to promote your own products or become an Affiliate for another business.
Social Media is booming at the moment and only set to grow. Literally anyone can make money on Instagram in 2020. I have made quite a bit of money simply promoting other people’s products on my Instagram niche page – also known as Affiliate Marketing.
- Like up to 5 other photos every couple of hours from pages within your niche
- Use Instagram stories to ramp up your reach
- Create your own hashtag so people can start using it
6. Become a Proofreader
If you’re good at spotting spelling errors or correcting grammar, then Proofreading is for you.
Almost everyone is looking for ways to make money from home nowadays, and for many Proofreading has turned into full time income.
Proofreading has quickly become one of the BEST ways to make money online working from home in 2020.A professional Proofreader will help others check for mistakes in their copy material, documents and so much more.
With an average salary of $3k a month, it’s easy to see why Proofreading is a great choice.
Living the life of your dreams can become reality, as long as you are willing to put in the hard work upfront. You can get started Proofreading starting with a FREE workshop offered by Caitlin Pyle who has be able to grow her Proofreading income since 2012.
If you want to find out how Caitlin has made a $43k a year, full-time income, as a professional proofreader, sign up for her.
7. Start a Blog
Blogging is still one of the best ways to generate a full time income from home, or anywhere else for that matter.
For such a small investment, starting your own Blog could generate a substantial amount of money every month. Even enough money to change your life!
You can get started blogging in any niche, but the trick to make money blogging is to pick a popular and popular niche. Choosing a good niche will help you make cool cash.
There are several ways you can make money with a Blog but some of the best ways are:
- Promote other people’s products using affiliate links
- Sell space on your site to advertising companies like Google Adsense, Mediavine and Adthrive.
- Create and Sell your own products on your site (physical or digital)
- Research Blogging Ideas by studying your competitors
- Create 10-15 content rich Blog Posts before you go live
- Finding out what visitors are looking for using a Keyword Research Tool like Keywords Everywhere
8. Join a focus group like Respondent
Respondent is a market research company that puts respondents (like you) in front of researchers (like CVS or Apple).
Often when a business is launching a new product or service, they want to get a ‘real users’ experience with it before it goes live.
Participants get paid to share their opinions on various brands, websites, apps and experiences.
When you join Respondent, you’ll be sent regular projects via email. If you qualify as a Participant, you’ll usually complete a study of anywhere between 15 minutes to 75 minutes.
You could complete a 45 minute study and earn $75 as a one time payment. While this won’t replace your full time income, it’s a great way to make money on the side.
The great thing about this site is that they offer remote study, which means you can earn money from anywhere!
- Be honest when answering qualifying questions
- Go into detail when answering the questions in the Study
9. Become an Pinterest Affiliate Marketer
What if I told you pinning a simple Pin Image like the one below on Pinterest could make you $6k every month? has fast become a popular way to make money working from home.
As an affiliate marketer, your main job is to promote other people’s products. When somebody buys that particular product, you earn a commission.
Not bad, ey?
Pinterest is a visual search engine that allows users to ‘Pin’, organize and collect their favorite Pin images and links to boards.
The process of Pinterest Affiliate Marketing is simple:
- Find a product to promote by joining various Affiliate Programs
- Create a unique affiliate link
- Create eye-catching Pin Images
- ‘Pin’ images on Pinterest with a link to your website/blog or (in some cases) direct to the affiliate link
When a user clicks on the link and purchases the product, you will earn a commission.
The best way to start Affiliate marketing on Pinterest is to have a blog, website or landing page to send your Pinterest Traffic to.
However some businesses allow you to post you links direct from Pinterest to the Affiliate product.
- Ensure you always disclose your affiliate links whether it;’s on your Blog or on Pinterest
- Keep churning out multiple pin variations to keep your content fresh
- Use a Pinterest Scheduler like Tailwind to automate your Pinning and save time
10. Get Walking for Extra Cash
Would you believe in 2020, there are actually apps that pay you to exercise?
Sweatcoin is an app that will actually pay you to walk more. For each 1000 steps you take, Sweatcoin will pay you 0.95 Sweatcoins.
To get started with Sweatcoin, simply download the app, start walking, the app will run in the background and collate all of your steps.
Once you’ve racked up enough Sweatcoins you can trade them in for rewards such as cash via Paypal, giftcards and/or products.
- Always have the APP running in the background to make sure it’s logging the Sweatcoins
- Make use of the daily bonuses the APP offers
11. Become a Transcriptionist
Many people are making money working from home simply by transcribing audio and video recordings into good quality text.
If you have good attention to detail and are a fast typist, you can start a career as a Transcriptionist.
A transcriptionist is a type of specialist who will typically listen to voice or video recordings and then convert them into a text document. This is usually requested by people in the medical and legal industry, however, businesses of all types require transcription services.
To get started with Transcribing you should have:
- a computer
- a good understanding of computer software
- a good internet connection
- ability to multitask
- good listening skills
- fast typing skills
- good grammar & punctuation
You can start making $15 an hour when you start out as a beginner Transcriptionist, with fees going up to $45 an hour with more experience.
Considering this particular job is done from home, for many, this amount of money is life-changing!
- Find a Good Transcription Software Program
- Make sure you are set up in a quiet area to avoid distractions
12. Download these apps for Instant Cash $$$
Inbox Dollars is gives you the opportunity to watch videos, play games, and shop online. You’ll get an automative $5 SIGNUP BONUS.
You can also get paid for opening emails!
Although it won’t make you rich overnight it can still help to generate extra cash on the side.
Similarly, survey site MyPoints will allow you to take short surveys to earn money daily. You will earn $5 for taking 5 simple surveys when you sign up.
When you use the app regularly, you’ll get the chance to build up a number of points and exchange them for cash.
13. Open up shop on Etsy
If you like being creative and are looking to make money selling your handmade crafts, then opening an Etsy store could be for you.
Etsy currently has 2.5 million active sellers on its platform. This selling platform is similar to eBay and Amazon, but Etsy focuses on the sale of ‘unique’ items.
Many sellers on Etsy are making money every day from selling both physical and digital products.
It can be really empowering to own your own business. Etsy is a marketplace that allows you to have the freedom as well as the income to be financially free.
To sell on Etsy it will cost you a mere $0.20 per item and then 5% of the final transaction fee.
When you making money, you’ll hardly notice this fee, trust me!
- Get set up the right way from the start with a professional looking logo, business name and clear business plan & target audience.
It is very possible to make money running a full time business on Etsy.
Go to Etsy now to get selling online >>
14. Become a Freelance Writer
More and more people are choosing to leave their traditional 9 to 5 to become a full time freelancer.
Freelancing as a writer has become a favourite work from home job for many. Mainly because of the flexibility it offers as well the income.
If you’re a writer and would like to know more about making money as a freelance writer, you’ll be excited to know that there are a surplus of online jobs out there.
As a freelancer you can set your own fee and work the hours you want to work! Websites such as Problogger, Weworkremotly and FlexJobs have some of the biggest databases of full/part time freelance writer jobs.
If you’re a beginner, get started on a site like Fiverr or Upwork. Get started for free, price your writing services lower than your competition and concentrate on good customer service.
Once you come established you could earn upwords of $50 per hour.
15. Do some Freelance Work
As well as becoming a Freelance Writer, you can also make money working from home completing various types of other freelance work.
Freelancing is extremely appealing to many, because it gives you the freedom to create your own schedule and income. You can work anywhere in the world, not just from home, whereas a traditional 9 to 5 job doesn’t allow you to do that. If you already have skills you think you could use to earn some extra cash, then freelancing could be for you.
Typical freelancing jobs include:
- Web design
- Graphic design
- App development
- Transcription services
- Admin work/Data Entry
- SEO work
- Social Media Marketing
The list goes on and you could earn upwards of $25 an hour depending on the service.
Freelancing is the type of career that allows you to make money from anywhere and is extremely rewarding.
Check out Fiverr, to get what skills you can get paid for.
16. Become a Virtual Assistant
You don’t need to get a 9 to 5 office job to make money these days.
Becoming a virtual assistant is one of those online jobs that requires little to no experience to start. You can get started for free and you really don’t need anything other than a computer and great internet connection.Many Virtual Assistants are able to make a full time income working from home in just a few short months.To get your virtual assistant career off the ground, you’ll need to assess all of your current skills and qualifications.
Make a list of your skills you may be able to offer prospective clients.
Just to give you some sort of idea, some of the basic skills needed to become a Virtual assistant may include:
- Great communication skills
- Managing diaries
- Booking/Organizing trips
- Managing social media accounts
- Customer service
- Basic website design knowledge
Within the first week of becoming a virtual assistant, you may find that you have some skills but lack others.
Well, now is a great time to brush up on your skills, do your research and put together a proposal that the prospective client won’t be able to refuse.
You could even take a short online course to brush up on any skills you may be lacking. Skillshare is an online learn platform with thousands of classes for you to learn from.
- Create set price packages of your services which will include how many hours you will work, what you will be doing and what the client can expect Create a simple website with a dedicated page about you, your packages and contact infoJoin entrepreneurial Facebook groups to start networking and get referrals from others
- When you start out, charge lower than your competition. You’ll be able to bag more clients and work on your portfolio at the same time.
17. Start Tutoring online
If you are a teacher, tutor or educator of some sort, there is an opportunity for you to make a lot of money online.
There is increasing demand for the need of online tutors. For that reason, becoming an online tutor could be a very profitable way to make money from home.
Thanks to the internet, students around the world are able to learn everything and anything online. Many tutors are moving their businesses online because that is where a lot of the clients are and the flexibility online tutoring offers them.
There are several teaching platforms you can connect to in order to tutor online. These include Zoom, Microsoft Teams and even Skype.
You can set and charge your own rates, with your own website and search for clients by advertising yourself online.
- Make sure your internet connection is fast and secure – no technical issues here
- Don’t be afraid to make calls and network online to market your services
18. Sell Digital Downloads
You can’t run from it, the world have become digital!
So it only makes sense to start selling digital products to make money online. With digital products, the world is your oyster.
Whether it’s a digital postcard or an eBook, there are ways you can turn this small side hustle into a fully fledged income from home.
The types of digital products you can create and sell vary:
- Digital courses
- Pintables (cards, invites)
- Pre-made websites
- Social Media Templates
Digital products are much simpler to run and sell than physical goods. With a digital product you don’t have to worry about going out to ship the goods or worry about inventory in your house.There are many platforms to start selling digital products online:
- Etsy – Once a sanctuary for handmade and custom items, Etsy has quickly become a place many sellers use to sell their digital products. Popular digital products to sell on Etsy include: Thank you cards, wedding invites, planners and so much more. Shopify – Shopify is an integrated online e-commerce site that offers a start to finish approach when setting up your first online store. They offer a variety of free apps to help you sell products.
- Sellfy – A platform where you are able to easily sell digital downloads.
With digital products you’ll never be stuck with inventory and aren’t limited to the number of products you can sell.
- Make sure you customer support is on point and you answer all queries from prospective clients
- Take a sneak peek at what is already selling by spying on your competition
19. Sell online with Print on Demand
Print on Demand is a form of retail fulfilment wherein the seller works with a manufacturer/supplier to create and sell products, as and when the customer purchases it.
The Print on demand service has one simple principle: the item is only printed after purchase.
With Print on demand, you are able to create and print your designs on virtually any product available with that supplier.
Zazzle and Redbubble are online print on demand fulfilment merchants that will allow you to:
- Create you own shop and list products to sell
- Advertise your products to customers that visit their site
- Print your design on a variety of products including mugs, t-shirts, canvases, hoodies, hats, phone cases and so much more
- Pack and Ship the product to the customer for you
Once you create the design, all you need to do is sit back and wait for the money to roll in! Kerr-Ching!
Selling on sites like Zazzle and Redbubble is a great way to get started as a print on demand beginner. You can take it to the next level by creating and selling print on demand items on your own domain.
- Promote your products using your own website, blog, Instagram, Pinterest etc.
- Create designs that represent current trends to maximize sales
- As a graphic design beginner use Canva to create design, when you earn profits pay a designer to create the designs for you.
20. Become a Web Designer
If you have web designing skills, you can charge a lot of money creating and designing websites for clients.
Creating websites for businesses a few years ago would require you to have extensive code and html knowledge.
Nowadays anyone can make a straightforward website, without the need of technical skills.
You can either create a website using WordPress or using a website builder like Wix or Shopify. It really depends on your clients’ requirements.
The great thing about creating a website using WordPress is that you have a multitude of plug ins and templates available to you.
Plugins allow you easily add various functions to the site, without the need to alter CSS or html code.
Templates (depending on the theme you choose) allow you install a layout with pre-existing code.
If you don’t have a lot of web design knowledge, there is always the option of paying someone else to create the site and then marking up the price to sell to the client. This is called Dropservicing.
You can also buy pre-made themes and create websites using those. Below is an example of a pre-made them you can purchase on Etsy:
- Create a website to advertise your web designing services
- Create packages your clients can choose from – price the packages accordingly.
- Promote your services using google ads and Facebook ads, alternatively sign up to Fiverr.com or Upwork.com
21. Play games for cash or giftcards
Believe it or not there are some sites that pay you to sit at home and play games.
I mean, is there anything better than playing video games all day and getting paid? Probably not much else.
Swagbucks is one of my top sites for earning money by playing video games. Although you won’t be earning the megabucks by any means, it still gives you an opportunity to earn extra cash in your spare time.
You are able to earn Swagbucks simply by install various games on your phone and even more when you spend time on the app.
If you reach certain levels within the games, you’ll earn even more Swagbucks, which you can in turn exchange for cash via Paypal.
Every 100 Swagbucks gets you $1 in earnings, and depending on the time spent on the site, you could quickly rack up $25-50.
- Make sure you confirm your email after signing as you will earn extra bucks just for doing that
- Look at the total Swagbucks the game offers and consider whether it is worth your time
- Keep earning whenever you have spare time, you’ll be surprised how it adds up.
22. Write an E-Book
The sale of E-books is a billion dollar business in America alone and set to grow to 5.5 billion by 2022.You can grab a piece of the pie by creating, designing and selling your own E-book.
Don’t think you haven’t got a story to tell with all the knowledge skills and experience you’ve racked up over the years!
You can literally write an E-book about anything. For example, you could write a How To E-book on “How to Organize your Whole Life” and help a whole bunch of people sort out their life in one go!
Or you could write an E-book all about “How to Be a Work at Home Mom”.
The great thing about writing and selling an E-book is that, once created, the income you receive from that point on is Passive. Think about repeated sales over and over again with the possibility to make money while you sleep!
If you have great writing skills and think you could put together an E-book for sale on your website or on Amazon.
- Make sure you write about something you actually know about and don’t wing it
- Create an attention grabbing title to increase traffic to the sales page
- Use a low selling price when you’re getting started to bring in those sales
23. Be a Social Media Manager
Many businesses and individuals don’t have time to organize their social media accounts, so they employ a Social Media Manager to manage it for them.
Nowadays, every businesses has or strives to have a social media presence, so the need for social media managers is growing.
Although every company will require different things from you, the general requirements of a Social Media Manager is to:
- Monitor Social Media presence
- Communicate with queries from the community
- Create content to post and add links
- Monitor analytics and strategies
- Keep up to date with trends
If you have a little more experience in video and image creation, you may be able to make more money.When working with social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, make sure you basic skills are up to par:
- Creative mind
- Writing Skills
- Be efficient and hardworking
- Fantastic communication skills
- Good on desktop and mobile
- Marketing knowledge
- You may need some qualifications/experience in marketing or public relations
- Consider volunteering to get your social media managing career off the ground
24. Sell your junk on Ebay
One mans junk is another mans treasure.If you have a house full of stuff and need to make money urgently, then selling it on eBay is a good way to get it.
You can get rid of your old clothes, electronics, handmade products, and even new branded products.
Whatever it is, there isn’t really a limit of what you can sell on eBay.
- Make sure you take date stamped pictures of the items you’re selling before you ship them out and always use a trackable postal service, there are scammers out there.
- Detail every single mark/defect on the item you’re selling
- Keep it looking professional
- Make use of the FREE listing offers to save even more cash
25. Make money from your Photos
Taking photos in your spare time could actually earn you a little extra cash.
There are companies that actually pay for your pictures on a daily basis. You in no way need to be a professional to sell your pictures online. Plus companies like Shutterstock, Adobestock and Foap. With the majority of these companies, you will get paid each time somebody downloads your photo. Yes that means once you take the picture, the sales you make from then on is completely passive.
Whether you’re a part/full time photographer or simply take photos as a hobby, you can upload your photos to these sites and make money from them every single month.
You can usually earn between 20% and 60% of all photo sales, depending on the site you choose, so definitely check them out!
- Make sure to do your research to sell which images the companies are looking for
- If you can invest in 4K video as these videos sell for a premium
- If possible post your pics with multiple sites to maximize on cash
If you’ve decided you want to make money working from home then I hope these stay at home jobs have really helped you.
Making money working from home used to be a dream of mine, and thankfully with a little hard work and determination, it is now a reality.